The Holy Ones NFT Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The Holy Ones’ consists of 6,666 individual ERC721 tokens (individually “Holy Ones”, collectively “Holy Ones” or “NFTs”) which include unique generative artwork hosted on “Mint.theholyones.io”. By minting a Holy Ones NFT from our smart contract, purchasing it off the secondary market (e.g. Opensea), or otherwise acquiring the Holy Ones through any other legitimate means or method, the Holder receives full and complete ownership, inclusive of commercial rights, to the NFT and the corresponding unique artwork
- Holy ones offers Commercial IP that comes with the purchase of your Holy Ones NFT, ownership and commercial rights
- The License the Holder is receiving is for the Commercial Licensed IP of your NFT Holy Ones which includes the right to use the Licensed NFT Holy Ones and the right to reproduce the License for movies, comics, books, games, merchandise, cars, naming rights, building naming rights, celebrities, technology, etc. NFT Holy Ones on tribute or derivative art, merchandise, or sharing these rights with third party projects. The Holder agrees not to use, utilize, portray, advertise, distribute or otherwise market any Holy Ones in any project or derivative work that involves hate speech, racism, or any other illegal or unlawful content.
- Limitations of Liability for Gas, Failed Transactions, Smart Contract Bugs Participants in minting Holy Ones NFTs agree to hold the project Creative Team and for any losses incurred as a consequence of minting an NFT. These potential losses include any gas fees for failed transactions, any excessive gas fees charged due to website or smart contract bugs, and any loss of any NFT due to website or smart contract bugs.
- This website and its connected services are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind. By using this Website, you are accepting sole responsibility for any and all transactions involving the NFTs.
No Guarantees or Future Promises
While Holy Ones has released a roadmap outlining future goals and plans for community development, we cannot guarantee to accomplish every item outlined during the pre-launch planning phase as ideas and projects evolve organically. You agree that your purchase of a Holy One from our initial launch of 6,666 NFTs is all you are guaranteed to receive with your initial purchase, whether through primary or secondary channels. Any future benefits are ancillary to this purchase and not to be taken into consideration with your initial purchase. You agree that you are not relying on any future commitments by Holy Ones in using this site and participating in our NFT launch.
No Guarantees of Value Holy Ones NFTs were created purely as collectibles, not as investment vehicles or substitutes for cryptocurrency. We make absolutely no promise or guarantee that these NFTs will subsequently retain monetary value in fiat, cash or cryptocurrency.
Each Holder is solely and entirely responsible for any and all Federal or State tax liabilities which may arise, be imposed, or enforced as a result of minting or reselling Holy Ones.
Holy Ones will not collect any cookies, IP addresses, or user data in connection with your use of the website and app, with the exception of cookies related to browsing behavior for the Google analytics SEO which helps us enhance your experience with our site and relay visitor traffic statistics to the Google search engine. All project participants understand that the Ethereum blockchain network is a public blockchain, and all transaction history initiated through the website will be made public. Holy Ones has no influence on secondary marketplaces, such as Opensea which have independent terms of service agreed to by you, should you choose to utilize these sites. You also understand that Holy Ones may work with third-party apps, such as Discord or Collab.Land, which collect and store user data. Should Holy Ones be required to collect or store data for future activities such as merchandise launches or transfer of any benefits such as airdrops, you will be required to agree to the collection of this data. This provision may be subject to change, when deemed fit by the Holy Ones team.
Commercial IP use
Commercial Use. Subject to your continued compliance with these Terms, LICENSING POOL Purchasing your Holy Ones NFT grants you an unlimited, worldwide license to use, copy, and display the purchased Art for the purpose of creating derivative works based upon the Art (“Commercial Use”). Examples of such Commercial Use would e.g. be the use of the Art to produce and sell merchandise products (T-Shirts, Games etc.) displaying copies of the Art. For the sake of clarity, nothing in this Section will be deemed to restrict you from (i) owning or operating a marketplace that permits the use and sale of The Holy Ones NFT generally, provided that the marketplace cryptographically verifies each Holy Ones NFT owner’s rights to display the Art for their Holy One NFT to ensure that only the actual owner can display the Art; (ii) owning or operating a third party website or application that permits the inclusion, involvement, or participation of Holy Ones NFT generally, provided that the third party website or application cryptographically verifies each Holy Ones NFT owner’s rights to display the Art for their Holy Ones NFT to ensure that only the actual owner can display the Art, and provided that the Art is no longer visible once the owner of the Purchased Holy Ones NFT leaves the website/application; or (iii) earning revenue from any of the foregoing.
- Commercial IP Licence
- Purposes of creating business income or derivative works based upon the Art such as using the Art to produce and sell merchandising products (T-Shirts, games, advertisements etc.) displaying copies of the Art;
BUYBACK in Exchange for Royalties (done with commercial ip liscence) of Holy Ones commercial projects
*This section explains the Royalty system in exchange for commercial IP License.
Each Holy One / NFT comes with its own commercial IP license which allows owner of their specific Holy One(s) / NFT freedom to use for the purposes of creating derivative works based upon the Art such as using the Art to produce and sell merchandising products (T-Shirts, games, advertisements etc.) displaying copies of the Art;
A secondary signature will be prompted as an option for Holy One / NFT owners to sign off their commercial IP licence back to the licensing pool/company in exchange for a royalty % of all Holy Ones revenue streaming projects that involve that commercial IP (i.e merchandise, games, casino games, advertisements etc.) OR any profitable business venture which utilizes that particular IP.
Once Holy Ones project is 100% sold, the owners/holders of Holy One / NFT that have signed over or licensed their IP back to the licensing pool will be permitted a 20% royalty share of each business the commercial IP is associated with.
The royalty will last in perpetuity until/if as long and it is deemed profitable by the contractor of business (Metaskins Studio) OR the licensing pool.
If a Holy One owner decides to sell their NFT on a secondary marketplace / open market (i.e Opensea, Coinbase, Rarible etc.) the commercial IP license will be automatically revoked and given back / transferred back into the licensing pool / Metaskins Studios possession.
*20% royalty can be modified based on the success of the games
- Can be affected by generated revenue
- Can be affected by white labeling games to other Metaverse / Web3 Hosts.
- Metaskins Studios will be used as the contractor for all projects selected by DAO proposals and, and collect a contractor fee, unless seen unfit for the specific project, which then would go to a DAO vote to decide which entity would pursuit the development of the specific project
LICENSE AND TRADEMARK
Except for the license granted above, the Company and its affiliates retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Branding and is at all times permitted to make use of the Art of all Holy Ones NFTs for the following purposes:
- For the purposes of creating derivative works for commercial and non-commercial purposes based upon the Art such as using the Art to produce and sell merchandising products (e.g., and without limitation, the use of the Art in creative works such as films, television series, animated productions, clothing and any other merchandising activity) which display or represent copies of the Art;
- As part of a Platform that permits the inclusion, involvement, participation, purchase and/or sale of your Holy One NFT / NFT, provided that the Platform cryptographically verifies each Holy Ones NFT owner’s rights to display the Art for their Holy One NFT to ensure that only the actual owner can display the Art, and provided that the Art is no longer visible once the owner of the Holy One / NFT leaves the Platform.
Metaskins Studios will be granting 100% of the mint profts from The Holy Ones NFT to the Holy DAO Treasury to build out The Holy Ones NFT’s existing metaverse/Web3 projects. The DAO will be hosted on Snapshot, Snapshot is a tool that records proposals and votes for the various missions to build out the Holy DAO
How does it work?
The Holy DAO’s primary purpose is the governance of the Holy Treasury, to fund projects that align with The Holy Ones’ mission. Holy Owners will participate in the decision-making regarding where and how to spend the Holy Treasury funds.
How to participate?
Holy Ones NFT is used as the “Token” that represents your access and governence in the DAO
1 Holy One = 1 General voting power
Developers/Metaskins Studio = Founder Voting Power
Vote on proposals made by the community, or propose your own
The Holy DAO will utilize “Snapshot” for DAO votes and proposals.
Execute on missions voted by the community.
Metaskins Studios will be used as the contractor for all projects selected by DAO proposals and, and collect a contractor fee, unless seen unfit for the specific project, which then would go to a DAO vote to decide which entity would pursuit the development of the specific project
Road to Total Decentralization
- In addition to the precautions taken by Snapshot Tool, Holy Ones NFT’s Development team have given themselves a special veto right to ensure that no malicious proposals can be passed in the beginnings of the DAO governance ecosystem. This veto right will only be used if an obviously harmful governance proposal has been passed, and is intended as a last resort. Metaskins Studios / OR Development team will revoke this veto right when they deem it safe to do so. This decision will be based on a healthy Holy Ones NFT distribution and a community that is engaged in the governance process.
- Founder VP shares will be divested into the community as the DAO grows and becomes more robust and stable on the road to complete decentralization. Community members will have an opportunity to “level up” in the DAO voting and stakeholder structure. Members will be rewarded founder’s tokens through engagement, services, proposals, voting, etc.
- Metaskins Studios will be used as the contractor for all DAO proposals and projects, and collect a contractor fee, unless seen unfit for the specific project, which then would go to a DAO vote.
The laws of the Country, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Terms and Your use of the Service. Your use of the Application may also be subject to other local, provincial, national, or international laws.
The Holy Ones NFT project is not targeted towards children. You agree that you are over the age of 18, or above the legal age of your jurisdiction, whichever is greater.
- These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this Service and the agreement that operates between You and the Company. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service.
- Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
- By accessing or using the Service You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then You may not access the Service.
- You represent that you are over the age of 18. The Company does not permit those under 18 to use the Service.